The Porter Hills Village provides residents with the opportunity to practice their religious beliefs in a calm and affirming environment. Volunteers responsibilities include assisting and praying with residents and building spiritual relationships.
Tasks and duties
- Meet with residents weekly
- Pray with residents
- Bring your personal Rosary beads
- Recite Rosary with residents
- Assist residents back to their room
- Desire to work with elders
- Ability to push a wheelchair
- An understanding of the use of the Rosary in devotional life
- Comfortable leading devotions in one on one or small group settings
- The ability to create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positivity.
- 5 month commitment
Porter Hills Village 3600 E. Fulton St. Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If interested, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator or Porter Hills Village Volunteer Services at 616-954-1799 ext. 10233.