Admissions for rehabilitation services
Porter Hills is known for caring and complete customer service. Our expert staff is here to guide you every step of the way. When you arrive at Porter Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, please plan on bringing a family member or patient advocate with you to assist with the following admissions process.
- We complete several evaluations to understand your needs, goals and preferences.
- A nurse will conduct a comprehensive physical assessment and ask questions about your current and past medical conditions.
- Your wellness will be evaluated by a physician and staff from our therapy (physical, occupational and speech), social services, activities and dietary departments.
Signing paperwork and forms
The State of Michigan requires several items upon admission:
- Copies of both sides of all insurance cards including Social Security, Primary Insurance, Secondary Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
- Copies of Advanced Directives include Patient Advocate, Power of Attorney and Living Will.
- A completed application.
- Other paperwork including consents, authorizations, privacy notice, treatment options and a contract. The contract is a ten-page legal document that lists your name, the date services begin, the rate per day and payment information. The contract also includes information on physicians, prescriptions, contracted personal assistants, activities, meals, supplemental services, rights and responsibilities, contract termination, moves and personal items.