Caregiver Career Pathway Program
Porter Hills is excited to offer a program that is committed to paying 100% of any associated fees upfront for qualifying candidates while training and testing to become a CNA (Certified Nurse Aide). We are seeking second career candidates or those looking for a new, rewarding career to participate in this program entitled: Caregiver Career Pathway Program.
This unique opportunity allows for individuals, who may have been out of the workforce for several years or those seeking a new and rewarding challenge in life, to start a new career without feeling burdened by the upfront cost of continuing education, training, and certification.
Participants of the Caregiver Career Pathway Program will not only get their education paid for upfront; we will ALSO pay a competitive hourly wage to those selected for this competitive program during the CNA course.
This program is geared toward individuals who are passionate about caregiving and those who are searching for a way to positively impact the lives of others in a new career.
Candidates selected for this program will be placed in our Porter Hills Village Health & Rehab Center or The GREEN HOUSE® Homes upon successful completion of the CNA course.
- Candidates must be able to work ANY shift, based on the needs of the department at time of CNA course completion. The shifts of highest need are: 6:30pm-7:00am (Health & Rehab Center) or 2:00pm-10:15pm (The Green House Homes)
- Upon completion of the CNA course, those selected for the program are required to work 1 full year in a full-time CNA position with Porter Hills. Individuals that resign or are terminated prior to the 1 year commitment will be required to pay back a prorated amount for not fulfilling the obligation.
- Individuals that have previously completed a CNA training course in the State of Michigan or another state are not eligible to be considered for the Caregiver Career Pathway Program.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation to travel to/from the training course and Porter Hills Village/The Green House Homes.
Training sites available for this program:
- Goodwill Industries
- Ross Education
- Grand Rapids Community College
The Caregiver Career Pathway Program is a competitive program with limited availability; to be considered, APPLY NOW.
For more information regarding the CNA Career Pathway Program, please email email@example.com