Porter Hills is committed to delivering the greatest return on your investment in seniors, and West Michigan. We are continually humbled by the generosity of those whose lives have been touched by Porter Hills and those who support its mission, vision and values.
The Porter Hills Foundation can accept gifts of:
- Marketable Securities
- Pledges of 3-5 years
- Real estate
- Gifts from your will or simple codicil to an existing will
- Gifts by beneficiary designations: retirement assets, life insurance, entrance fee refunds, payable-on-death (POD) and transfer-on-death (TOD) accounts
- Gifts that provide tax breaks and pay income for you
- Personal property: fine art, collectibles, tools & machinery, or other personal property
Tax Exempt Status
Porter Hills is a non-profit tax-exempt organization, EIN# 38-3243846. All or part of your gift may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution, please check with your tax advisor. IRS Determination Letter, IRS tax exemption letter, Form 1023 Application for Exempt Status, Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax
Great giving options
Porter Hills has voluntarily committed itself to offering benevolence care assistance to those whose resources have been depleted through no fault of their own. Residents meeting eligibility criteria may apply for assistance to help them meet the full cost of their care.
Provide flexible funding for wherever need is greatest.
Make a gift to Porter Hills Foundation to honor your family member as an expression of sympathy for the loss of a loved one.
You can help by giving to one of the Foundation’s Benevolent, Program or Capital funds. Your gift will make a big difference in the lives of our residents and clients, both now and in the future.
Gifts that combine current giving with future giving. To illustrate, today Emma made a cash gift of $5,000 to the Benevolent Fund and donated a work of art to Porter Hills Village. She also presently made the following gifts that will take effect in the future:
- A pledge of $2,000 per year for 5 years for staff training
- A revocable beneficiary gift from her IRA
- An irrevocable gift of her entrance fee refund