Making a Difference for Older Adults
Porter Hills is committed to delivering the highest quality care and services for older adults in West Michigan. At the Porter Hills Foundation, we are continually humbled by the generosity of those whose lives have been touched by Porter Hills and those who support its mission, vision and values.
As a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status, the Porter Hills Foundation gratefully accepts:
- Cash – If you work for a company that matches gifts, your contribution could be doubled or even tripled to provide even more assistance for the older adults we serve!
- Tribute Gift – A gift to the Porter Hills Foundation is a special way to remember or honor loved ones, especially for those who have had a connection with Porter Hills, while supporting the needs of older adults.
- Life Lease – If you are a resident with a life lease, you may choose to donate the refundable portion of your entrance fee.
- Gift from your IRA – If you are 70 1/2 years or older, making a gift from your IRA to Porter Hills can provide tax benefits – up to $100,000.
All or part of your gift may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution, please check with your tax advisor.
Monetary gifts to the Porter Hills Foundation may be made by check, payable to the Porter Hills Foundation, or credit card. To make your transaction,
- Send your gift to: Porter Hills Foundation, 4450 Cascade Rd SE, Ste 200, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Call us at: 616-577-2297
- Donate Online
The Porter Hills Legacy Society is our way of honoring our friends who have included the Porter Hills Foundation in their estate plan, as well as those who have been faithful in making gifts for 10+ consecutive years to the Porter Hills Foundation. Your thoughtfulness makes a lasting difference in the lives of older adults, both today and tomorrow. Support tomorrow’s older adults through your:
- Will or Trust – Make a gift to the Porter Hills Foundation in your estate plan.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – A charitable gift annuity benefits the Porter Hills Foundation, while providing lifelong interest income to you or someone you designate. The interest rate is based on your age when you begin taking these payments.
- Retirement Plan/Insurance Policy – Designate the Porter Hills Foundation as the beneficiary of your retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- Personal Property – Gifts of real estate or other personal assets may be accepted, in accordance with legal guidelines and policies of Porter Hills and the Porter Hills Foundation.