Assisted Living Services
Catered living, designed to fit your needs
We refer to our model of assisted living as catered living because we start with an individual plan of care for each person. When we meet with you to plan your future at Porter Hills, we build a relationship with you. We work to understand your specific needs, and design a successful lifestyle with the appropriate components. Catered Living apartments are in the heart of our main building, and include additional amenities for peace of mind, and a complete sense of security.
Email Joy today to schedule a tour, or call 616-942-6221!
- Safety monitoring, periodic checks throughout shift
- Trained professionals staffed 24 hours/day
- Nurse available 24 hours/day
- Health services coordinated by a licensed nurse
- Medication monitoring and assistance
- Evaluations and vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature)
- Emergency response system
- Three nutritional meals daily in a beautiful dining area, staff providing invitations
- Social opportunities and activities
- Weekly assistance with housekeeping and laundry, includes changing of linen
- Daily assistance with mail pickup and delivery
- Daily housekeeping including making of beds, and taking out trash
- Bathing, dressing and personal care, if necessary
- Assistance with making appointments, if needed
- Wheelchair transportation when necessary
- All utilities included
Pharmacy Service is provided by a contracted pharmacy and delivered to Porter Hills for all assisted living residents. Medication monitoring and distribution is provided by a trained staff member and customized to residents’ individual needs. Residents benefit from having prescriptions and over-the-counter medications supplied for them in the convenience of their apartment.
Assisted living residents enjoy periodic outings to different areas of interest, with staff accompanying them for additional support. In addition, residents are welcome to enjoy regularly scheduled bus trips for activities in the community.
Wellness and Spiritual Services
A team approach to wellness includes fitness opportunities, a wide variety of groups, music, educational, cultural and spiritual activities for all to enjoy both in the comfort of Porter Hills Village and to events in the community.
Our team of chaplains link residents with local churches if desired, and are available to meet with residents at their request for spiritual counsel. A wide variety of worship, devotional and Bible study opportunities are available for all residents.
Porter Hills Medical Director
The Medical Director communicates directly with our nurses and staff to provide residents with excellent medical care. These services are billed to Medicare and the resident’s personal insurance company.