Village Cafe Host
The Village Cafe is a small restaurant located in Porter Hills Village. The Cafe is open to residents and their guests. Volunteer hosts are responsible for taking lunch orders, serving food and beverages, clearing tables and tendering sales. Ideal volunteers will work one day a week. Cafe hours: Monday–Friday, 11 a.m–1:30 or 2:00 p.m. Benefit: Enjoy a free lunch with every shift!
Tasks and duties
- Take lunch orders
- Serve food and beverages
- Clear tables
- Run cash register
- Physically able to work for a 2.5 hour shift
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to learn cash register functions
- Outgoing personality
- Minimum age 18 years
- Remain professional at all times
- Follow approved dress code
- Receive annual TB testing, which will be provided free of charge
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information
Porter Hills Village
3600 E. Fulton St.
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If interested, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator or Porter Hills Village Volunteer Services at 616-954-1799 ext. 10233.