The Harmony Household is a residential dementia care household at Porter Hills Village. Volunteers are needed to escort and transport Harmony Household and Health & Rehabilitation Center residents to Sunday Vesper Services located in our main chapel. Volunteers are needed every Sunday from approximately 3:40–5:15 p.m.
Tasks and duties
- Assist Harmony Household and Health & Rehabilitation Center staff in transporting residents to the main chapel (The Meeting House) for Sunday Services
- Sit with residents during the service
- Return residents upon completion of the service
- Desire to work with older adults with some memory loss and confusion
- Ability to push wheelchairs
- Responsible and reliable
- Must have a positive attitude
- Minimum age 14 years old
- A commitment of 5 months is preferred
Porter Hills Village
3600 E. Fulton St.
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If interested, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator or Porter Hills Village Volunteer Services at 616-954-1799 ext. 10233.