Porter Hills Village has an Emporium for residents and their guests and is in need of a cashier to operate the Emporium for the duration of scheduled shifts. The volunteer is responsible for waiting on customers, operating the cash register, assisting with various tasks, and cashing out. Shifts are 1.5 hours long. The Emporium is open Monday-Friday 9:30-11 a.m. and 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Tasks and duties
- Welcome guests to store
- Cash register transactions
- Bag items purchased
- Answer guest questions
- Cash out sales at the end of the shift
- Desire to work with older adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to handle money accurately
- Ability to operate cash register
Porter Hills Village 3600 E. Fulton St. Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If interested, contact the Volunteer Service Coordinator or Porter Hills Village Volunteer Services at 616-954-1799 ext. 10233.