Coffee Shop Host Substitute
Porter Hills Village has a coffee shop available to residents and their guests. A Coffee Shop Host Substitute is needed to fill-in on an “as needed” basis. Volunteer is responsible for making coffee, serving residents and guests, taking money, making change, serving cookies/pastries, cleaning table and counters. Shifts are 1.5 hours long. The Coffee Shop is open Monday-Friday 9:30-11 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
Tasks and duties
- Make coffee
- Set out food items for purchase (cookies, pastries, etc.)
- Serve residents and guests
- Wipe down tables and counters, wash coffee pot at end of shift
- Desire to work with older adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Must have a positive attitude
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time
Porter Hills Village
3600 E. Fulton St.
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If interested, contact the Volunteer Service Coordinator, Porter Hills Village Volunteer Services at 616-954-1799 ext. 10233.