Health and Rehabilitation
The Admissions Process
When you arrive at Porter Hillsí Health & Rehabilitation Center, please plan on a family member or patient advocate to be present with you to assist with the admissions process which will include:
- Several evaluations are completed to understand the needs and desires of the resident.
- A nurse will conduct a comprehensive physical assessment and ask questions about current and past medical conditions.
- There will also be evaluations by a Physician and staff from the Therapy (physical, occupational and speech), Social Services, Activities, and Dietary departments.
Signing Paperwork and Forms
There are several items that are required, by the State of Michigan, to be completed upon admission including:
- Copies of both sides of all insurance cards including Social Security, Primary Insurance, Secondary Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
- Copies of Advanced Directives include Patient Advocate, Power of Attorney, and Living Will.
- Other paperwork including consents, authorizations, privacy notice, treatment options and a contract. The contract is required by the State of Michigan and is a ten page legal document that lists the name of the resident, the date services begin, the rate per day and payment information. The contract also includes information on physicians, prescriptions, contracted personal assistants, activities, meals, supplemental services, rights and responsibilities, contract termination, moves, and personal items.