Dementia Care Services
A supportive system of care
In keeping with our philosophy of providing a full spectrum of care, Porter Hills Village provides distinct households for those with Alzheimer’s and/or related dementia. The program is designed to help each resident maintain a sense of individuality and provide supportive routines with dedicated, consistent team members.
Email Joy today to schedule a tour, or call 616-942-6221!
- Trained staff are available 24/7
- Medication monitoring and assistance
- Health services coordinated by a licensed nurse
- Emergency response system
- Evaluations and vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature)
- Dietary supervision including therapeutic diets
- Three nutritional meals a day and snacks in our beautiful dining room
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Bathing, dressing and personal care assistance
- Daily assistance with mail pickup and delivery
- Wheelchair transportation when necessary
- Reminders and encouragement to daily activities and interests
- All utilities
Pharmacy Service is provided by a contracted pharmacy and delivered to Porter Hills. Medication monitoring and distribution is provided by a trained staff member and customized to residents’ individual needs. Residents benefit from having prescriptions and over-the-counter medications supplied for them in the convenience of their apartment.
The Porter Hills Chaplain links residents with local churches if desired, provides worship opportunities for those residing in the health care settings and is available to meet with residents at their request for spiritual counsel.
The Medical Director communicates directly with our nurses and staff to provide residents with excellent medical care. These services are billed to Medicare and the resident’s personal insurance company.
The team provides each resident with personal care, supervision, and direction. Each member is trained to utilize effective communication skills that benefit those living in our community. Staff members meaningfully engage residents and are involved in developing and promoting positive interactions, and group and individual activities/projects that encourage resident decision-making.